Charlie is a tank engine who loves to tell jokes and have fun.
When Charlie arrived from the mainland, he heard that Thomas was a fun engine and wanted Thomas to have fun with him, but Thomas was serious and was in no mood to play.
Charlie was later involved in trying to cheer Hiro up when he was feeling homesick.
Charlie began to act cheeky and teased Flynn because of his wabble. He was later involved in Sodor Surprise Day.
Charlie has a reputation for being a really fun engine. He has an unquenchable desire for fun, games and play, and is said to have been the favourite engine of the Mainland Controller. Charlie can get easily distracted by his japes, sometimes distracting others in the process. Charlie can be pouty, huffy, and teasing at times, but he always wants everyone to be enjoying themselves. Often though, Charlie will learn that the opinions of others, keeping calm and working hard to complete your jobs foremost, are important if you want to be a Really Useful engine. He has a good working relationship with Edward, often calling him "Eddie", who is sometimes capable of taking Charlie under his wing, and Thomas, who Charlie enjoys racing and sharing in the fun with. Being a fun-loving, playful scamp, cheeky Charlie is popular at parties and fairs, is well liked by the children, and known for his youthful humour.
Charlie is painted purple with gold and light purple trim and red wheels; he has the number fourteen painted in gold on his sides.
- Season 1 - James and the Big Red Balloon (cameo), Shortcut to Castle Loch, Bulgy Returns, and Gordon and Spencer the Fast Engines (cameo)
- Season 2 - Race with the Mail, Fergus and the Electric Engines (cameo), Henry's Fire Rescue, Small Engines (cameo), Scottish Engines (cameo), and Flying Scotsman Departs (cameo)
- Season 3 - Geoffrey and the Small Engines (cameo), Saving Sidney (cameo), and Unique Stafford
- Season 4 - Triple Trouble, Neville at the Scrapyard, Geoffrey's Overhaul (cameo), and Broken Down Crane
- Season 5 - Henry to the Rescue (cameo), Percy and James (cameo), and Bears (cameo)
- Season 6 - Mystery Coming Through
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Geoffrey • Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Glynn • Ryan • Diesel • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • Dave • Derek • 'Arry and Bert • Diesel 10 • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Flynn • Winston • Stafford • Jeff • Angus • Taro •|