Donald and Douglas (originally known by their numbers, 57646 and 57647, respectively) are twin Scottish mixed-traffic engines.
Donald and Douglas arrived in 1959 to help out with goods. Originally, the Fat Controller set for only 57646 (Donald) but 57647 (Douglas) was smart knowing he had no chances if he stayed on the Other Railway. They caused a series a mishaps which included misplacing an important coach, crashing into a signal box, and crushing the Spiteful Brake Van. They did however, work well in the snow and rescued Henry who been stuck in a snow drift. The engines made Percy their 'deputation' to convince the Fat Controller to allow Donald and Douglas to stay in fear they would be scrapped if they returned to the Other Railway. The Fat Controller eventually allowed them to stay by offering them a new coat of paint
They now work on either the Little Western, the Main Line, and occasionally help Edward and BoCo on the Wellsworth-Brendam Branch Line.
Donald and Douglas are cheery, friendly, and helpful. They like jokes too. They do however get the job done in the end and are a valuable assit to the Fat Controller's railway.
Donald and Douglas are painted BR black.
- Season 1 - Percy Saves the Day (Donald only; cameo), Edward Gets it Right (Donald or Douglas; cameo), James and the Big Red Balloon, Shortcut to Castle Loch, Salty's Story (Douglas only; cameo), Oliver and the Snowman, Big Strong Murdoch (Donald deleted scene; Douglas cameo), Harold and the Flying Climbers (Donald only; cameo), Trust a Diesel, and Gordon and Spencer the Fast Engines (Douglas only; cameo)
- Season 2 - Race with the Mail (Donald or Douglas; cameo), Duck and Dilly, Henry's Fire Rescue, Small Engines (cameo), Mike and James, Scottish Engines, Disaster on Sodor (cameo), Stepney's Journey Out, and Flying Scotsman Departs (cameo)
- Season 3 - Hector the Ballast Hopper, Saving Sidney, The Ghost of the Viaduct (cameo), Derek Comes Home (Douglas only; cameo), and Snowed up Engines
- Season 4 - Triple Trouble, Brake Coaches (Donald only), It's Not Easy Being Green (Douglas only), Neville at the Scrapyard, Duck and the Coaches (cameo), Geoffrey's Lost Friend, The Wrong Sort of Coal, Oliver's Sea Rescue (mentioned), and Duncan and Mike
- Season 5 - Sodor Snowstorm, The Big City Engine, Percy and James (Donald speaks; Douglas cameo), Peter Sam and the Prickly Problem (Douglas only), Bears, and A Surprise for Oliver
- Season 6 - Mystery Coming Through (cameo) and James and the Royal Train
- Season 7 - Love for the Sea and Salty and the Small Engines
- Their original numbers are an in-joke; the BR numbers only went up to 57645.
- DonaldDouglasandOliver11 stated that Donald and Douglas were one of his favourite characters, along with Edward, Henry, Oliver, Toad, Rheneas, and Duck.
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald and Douglas • Oliver • Geoffrey • Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Victor • Charlie • Scruff • Belle • Porter • Glynn • Ryan • Diesel • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • Dave • Derek • 'Arry and Bert • Diesel 10 • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Philip • Flynn • Winston • Stafford • Jeff • Angus • Taro •|