Etienne is a French electric engine.
Etienne competed in the Great Railway Show during the events of The Great Race, competing in the speed competition of the same name. After Gordon was forced to drop out of the race, Etienne fought with Spencer for first place. Spencer nearly won, but the electric engine managed to pass Spencer at the last second, winning the race and setting a new world rail speed record.
Etienne is described as being polite and gentlemanly, as he only joined the Great Railway Show to have fun and meet new friends.
Etienne is based on SNCF's BB 9003 and 9004 electric locomotives, built by Jeumont-Schneider of Paris in 1952 and 1954, respectively. 9004 has been preserved and is on display at the Cité du Train in Mulhouse.
Etienne is painted white and dark blue with red and silver lining and red wheels, the colours of the French flag. He carries his name on a silver nameplate.
- Etienne is the third French-speaking engine overall introduced to the series, the first being Millie and the second being Axel.
- DonaldDouglasandOliver11 stated that Etienne is one of his favourite international engines introduced in The Great Race, the others being Rajiv, Shane and Axel.
- "I'm just here to have fun and meet new friends, and if I should win, then vive la France!"
- The Great Railway Show Announcer quoting Etienne.
- "On track one, we have the French diesel-electric Etienne, who'll be trying to beat his own world record today."
- The Great Railway Show Announcer introducing Etienne, The Great Race.
|Stepney • Flying Scotsman • Patriot • Wilbert • Spencer • Hiro • Connor • Caitlin • Gator • Samson • Logan • Sam • Pip and Emma • D199 • The Diesel • Old Stuck-Up • Bob • The Great Railway Show Diesels • Bradford|
|Ashima • Rajiv • Yong Bao • Vinnie • Carlos • Raul • Shane • Étienne • Frieda • Gina • Axel • Ivan|