Rocky is a large breakdown crane.
When Rocky first came to Sodor, Edward and Gordon thought he couldn't be useful because he could not move by himself. However, he proved himself reliable after Edward's load of pipes spilt onto the tracks and Gordon accidently rammed into him, and Harvey wasn't able to clear the mess by himself. So, Rocky lifted all the pipes off the track and lifted Gordon back onto the rails. Since then, all the engines have had their respect for Rocky. He resides at the Sodor Search and Rescue Centre.
Rocky likes to lift heavy objects such as engines, coaches, and trucks. He is a friendly crane and helps the engines when there is an accident.
Rocky is painted a dull red colour with yellow hazard stripes.
- Season 1 - Trust a Diesel
- Season 2 - Stanley to the Rescue (cameo), Henry's Fire Rescue, Mike and James, Gordon and the Bend (does not speak), Disaster on Sodor, and Flying Scotsman Departs (cameo)
- Season 3 - The Ghost of the Viaduct and Unique Stafford
- Season 4 - Duncan and Victor, Brake Coaches, and Broken Down Crane
- Season 5 - Sodor Snowstorm, Henry to the Rescue, Snow Rescue (cameo), Stanley's Branch Line, and Return of the Spotless Record
- Season 6 - The New Diesel Fuel
- Season 8 - Sidney Saves the Day (cameo)
- Thomas and the Storm (does not speak)
- Gordon and Spencer: An LNER Rivalry
- The Ghost Engine of Sodor (does not speak)
- The Curse of the Kipper
- The Return of Sailor John
- The Big Race (does not speak)
- Rocky has a much taller cab than his basis, in order to accommodate a face.
|Sodor Search and Rescue Centre|
|Harold • Butch • Rocky • Captain • Belle • Flynn|