It has a helipad for Harold, a shed for Rocky, Flynn and Belle, another shed for Butch, and a dock for Captain.
Belle and Flynn officially joined the team in the Day of the Diesels.
- The Search and Rescue Centre is made from Jobi Wood.
- It is located near the Sodor opening of the Misty Island Tunnel.
- In the magazine story, Animals, the rescue team own a dog named Lucky Charm.
- One of the signs on the SSRC Building depicts an Ambulance, a Fire Engine, the company logo and Rocky. The road vehicles in the sign are based on those used in the Model Series.
- The Search and Rescue Centre's CGI render was lost while transitioning from Nitrogen Studios to Arc Productions, and had to be completely rebuilt based on photographs.
- In seasons thirteen-sixteen, a certain engine would be the rescue engine for the day. In later seasons, Thomas or Percy have been the main engine to help out.
- In the nineteenth season episode, Wild Water Rescue, the team celebrates their one thousandth rescue.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.