Terence is a crawler tractor.
Terence was first teased by Thomas due to his caterpillar wheels, but had to accept them as useful after Terence rescued him after he got stuck in the snow. He later made friends with Percy, Toby, and Duck. He once did the shunting at Ffarquhar whilst Toby was up at Anopha Quarry. He also rescued Bertie after he got stuck in the mud at the Vicar of Wellsworth's party.
Terence is an assertive, orange tractor with caterpillar tracks. The engines find these very unusual, but Terence is very capable of proving that he does not need rails and that his tracks allow him to go practically anywhere. He takes any teasing in the name of fun and is happy to get on with his job, usually partaking in agricultural work. Terence never hesitates to assist in emergencies or sticky situations, road or rail, due to his helpful, forgiving nature. His tracks are particularly invaluable in harsh winter conditions when snow can affect transport across the Island. He may be slow, but he is versatile, adaptable, and helpful. He can usually be found transporting agricultural produce or cheerily ploughing fields beside Thomas' branch line.
Terence is painted orange with grey caterpillars and a black engine and exhaust pipe.
- Season 1 - Toby Saves the Lambs (does not speak) and Thomas and the Snow (does not speak)
- Season 2 - Stanley to the Rescue, Stepney's Journey Out (cameo), and Flying Scotsman Departs (cameo)
- Season 3 - Jack and Alfie Swap (mentioned), Bertie's Foggy Day, and Snowed up Engines
- Season 4 - Thomas and Algy (cameo) and Cows and Whistles
- Season 5 - Sodor Snowstorm and Snow Rescue (mentioned)